FDSCo Meeting 2007-10-14 Summary

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Mon Oct 15 03:33:45 UTC 2007

> A non-quorum meeting was held with John Babich (jmbuser) and Bart
> Couvreur (couf) attending.  Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (ivazquez) and
> Ville-Pekka Vainio (vpv) also participated.
>
> Two agenda items were discussed (both suggested by the Fedora
> Marketing team in the previous day's meeting).
>
> 1. Marketing team proposal to republish, on docs.fp.o, FedoraUnity.org
> docs for creating re-spins. See
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2007-October/msg00058.html
> for details.
>
> Note: docs.fp.o is the abbreviation for docs.fedoraproject.org.
>
> <jmbuser> To be practical, I guess we need a "table of contents" and
> start with revisor and add the others [live-CD tools & pungi] as time
> permits - links to what exists today
>
> <couf> jmbuser: I'll see what I can do
> <couf> I'll try to get kanarip and daMaestro on board and it could go fast
> then

I'm more than happy to help in this area since I contribute to
fedorasolved as well for howto's etc... So if help is needed in this area
just give me a yell and I'll start to help.

> 2. Publishing howto's to docs.fp.o: increase visibility of the site
> and might have positive influence on our contributor flow-in
>
> John and Bart briefly reviewed Marc Wiriadisastra's (Strikeforce) site
> and agreed that this would be a good addition to docs.fp.o. The main
> concern is that the how-tos need to meet the "legal" guidelines for a
> Fedora Project site - i.e., not include forbidden items. These items
> could remain on an unofficial website if desired. This would be a
> great project for a beginner with a little bit of guidance.

I'm more than happy to obviously transfer it the license should be ok to
transfer.  I would be interested to know which how-to's you would like,
layout of how you want them written up and associated information.
Obviously the non-legal stuff will be left out.

The layout listed on docs.fp.o relate to bigger style documents is there a
reference to how-to's?  If so can I grab a link?  If not can we create a
standard layout that suits doc's?

Cheers,

Marc