Self-Introduction: Sudheer Satyanarayana

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 17:28:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 17:28 +0530, Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:

> I would like to contribute to the Fedora Docs Project. I would like to
> have your feedback on where to start. Apart from having a flair for
> content writing, I have experience in writing PHP/MySQL applications,
> building websites using Drupal and Joomla!. I have a little knowledge
> of FTP, SSH, MySQL, PHP and Apache.

Excellent, welcome!

One of the new SIGs in Fedora is one oriented toward developers.  We
have a lack of content that is for developers -- everything from how to
use the platform to why Fedora is a good platform for developers.  Would
that be an area interesting to you?

Typically there are more writers with sysadmin-oriented experience; thus
I've been looking for developer-oriented writers to work with the
Development SIG.  If you like this idea, you'll want to contact/join the
SIG, get involved in their meetings and such, and talk with them about
what content they would like to see developed:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Development

There is a *very old* Fedora Developer Guide.  We could look into
updating that:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/developers-guide/

That guide is more about how to get involved/contribute as a developer.
It could certainly be updated from information scattered currently
across the wiki.  In addition, specific how-to content could be
developed.  All this can be done in XML in CVS, but you might have more
luck with finding other collaborators for the initial drafts if you do
the work on the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts

If you are not interested in this idea :), you might find another draft
in that location you do want to work on.  Regardless, please bring your
ideas and questions to this list so you can find other collaborators.

Cheers - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org