Self-Introduction: Giorgi Shonia

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Thu Oct 18 17:44:19 UTC 2007

Op dinsdag 16-10-2007 om 17:27 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Paul W.
Frields:
> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 10:34 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 23:08 -0400, Giorgi Shonia wrote:
> > > My name is Giorgi Shonia, now I'm a student studying (Indiana University) in
> > > US, Indiana, Bloomington, I'm Georgian.
> >
> > Great, welcome.  Something about Indiana seems to breed good Linux
> > folks, in my (limited) experience. :)
> >
> > > One thing I myself missed at fedoraproject/wiki were pages for people who
> > > would like to set up and configure homeservers. Most of default configs work
> > > fine, but in some case tuning is needed and if appropriate to Doc project,
> > > I'd love to put up that record.
> >
> > This is a good topic area.  A single "Fedora Small Server Guide" (or
> > something) could draw directly from existing content:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts
> >
> > ... as well as add some more of its own.  If you look at the "Fedora
> > Administration Guide" you might find a way to use the same content in a
> > different order, with a different introduction and content to fill in
> > the missing places.
> >
> > So, seems like a good idea.  How can we help you start? :)
>
> Since the guide in question is still being drafted, why not help write
> it?  Bart Couvreur is heading up that effort, so contact him here,
> through email, or IRC FreeNode #fedora-docs to coordinate.  We are happy
> to have extra hands helping with this!

Hi Giorgi,
(consider this as an answer to your personal mail to me as well)

Sorry for the late answer: I've been missing out a lot of mail this
week, something wrong at my ISP.

From me also a welcome to the project!

These topics are absolutely fine for the Admin guide. It's always the
first thing I think about when I hear of an Admin guide, so in my humble
mind it would fit perfectly.

> I though to start with mailserver, you think? where would the fit the
> best?

Well the current structure on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide needs some
changing / rearranging. I was gonna try to get that done last week, but
lost track of it. In other words, add a page beneath it, say
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/MailServer
and start there.

If you'd like to write something about another type of server, just
create a new page. I'm monitoring these pages, so I'll be notified when
you create new stuff.

If you have any other questions: drop a note or jump in #fedora-docs on
irc (I'm "couf" if you need me)

Thanks for hopping in!

Bart

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93