Release Notes completions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:50:24 UTC 2007

I completely forgot my other AOB for the Docs meeting this morning,
sorry...  I am contemplating doing away with the completion requirements
(>90%) for all release notes components, for several reasons:

1. We don't do this with any other code in Fedora. Incomplete
translations are not stifled in normal packages.
2. Nothing is lost if English appears in a translation; the content is
still official, meaningful, and (hopefully) helpful in most locales.
3. Incomplete translations are a way of luring translators with instant
work assignments.
4. Translation teams that rely on a single volunteer are unfairly
penalized for not being able to get hundreds of strings done in a few
weeks.

This was pretty much my idea to begin with in FC6 (or was it F7?) time
frame, so any shouts of "Of course we shouldn't have this requirement,
you insensitive clod!" are best aimed squarely at me anyway.  What say
the rest of you?

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/