overview

Mike Dittmeier mike at vegasitpros.com
Tue Oct 23 15:44:34 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 00:26 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 08:00 +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, another way to do this is to put a draft page up in your personal
> > > wiki namespace (MarcWiriadisastra/Drafts/Overview).  Then you can put in
> > > the original content, save it, then modify, save that, and capture the
> > > difference between the two:
> > >
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MarcWiriadisastra/Drafts/Overview?action=diff&rev2=2&rev1=1
> > >
> > How would I transfer the original bits apart from an edit and copying
> > and pasting.
>
> That's how, just edit > copy > paste.
>
> > > A diff provides exactly what changed and the context of it.
> > >
> > > In this case I just did a full edit of the original page a few days ago,
> > > so I can do a mental diff. :)  For that matter, I could do the reverse
> > > here and provide you a diff of your original against my edits, but what
> > > the heck, I'll try to do them inline. :)
> > >

> > I'll try to generate diffs in the future but I didn't know it existed.
> > Thanks for the info.
>
> Yeah, there really isn't a process that we've written down, just an idea
> of how it might be done efficiently.  Hope it helps, that's all. :)
>

> > > Is this the entirety of the page as you envision it?  Or is this just
> > > the section that appears above the table of contents?
> > >

> > Only the first section since doing it in sections is easier than
> > rewriting the whole thing and trying to rearrange it then. Although my
> > documentation experience is minimal so I'll pass to people who have more
> > knowledge.
>
> This is also where a personal namespace draft can help.  You can work it
> up entirely how you'd like it to appear.
>
> - Karsten
> --

I take it we send requests to this list to get edit permission for our
anmespace?

Mike "Ditt" Dittmeier
mike at vegasitpros.com

pub   1024D/3F08ECFB 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]
      Key fingerprint = 8396 9850 E308 4EFF 1A22  6C5A 4FF5 DF6C 3F08
ECFB
uid                  Mike Dittmeier (Just "Ditt" to my friends)
<mike at vegasitpros.com>
sub   2048g/1E6E4DBD 2007-09-11 [expires: 2008-09-10]