Yum Guide bugs

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:05:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 07:50:07PM -0400, Jason Taylor wrote:
> On 10/28/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > Rahul,
> > >
> > > You had taken up the flag for the "yum-software-management" module
> > > (Yum Guide).  I would like to assign those bugs to you if you (and any
> > > teammates you've assembled) are still willing/able to do this work.
> >
> > In the discussions that followed it seemed many people wanted to release
> > a combined guide. I don't know what's the status on that. If I take on
> > bugs, can I fix and continue to release them in a separate yum guide?
> >
> > Also, I would like to continue maintaining drafts and content updates in
> > the wiki. If someone else can do the conversion and check-in into cvs
> > etc that would be great.
>
> I would be happy to do that, would be something new so there would be
> a bit of a learning curve but if someone has the time to show/point me
> in the right direction..

I can show you any time in IRC #fedora-docs.  Frankly, I think user
documentation like that is much better off being maintained in CVS
than in the wiki.  Once it's converted the first time, making changes
there is very easy.  But that's up to you guys to work out.  If you're
happy with porting in changes using a wiki watch list, email, or
whatever, it's all good.

Tag me some time after working hours (my $DAYJOB doesn't afford me any
regular Fedora time during the workday) and I can show you everything
you need to know.  Before doing so, you might want to read the
Documentation Guide[1] since it has all the current procedures.

= = =
[1] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/documentation-guide/

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/