Administration-guide/servers/sfind with the doc posted at:endmail posted

Murray murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 09:25:37 UTC 2007

Giorgi Shonia wrote:
> good job Mike :up:
>
> in follow up to our emails today, I thought maybe ssl part can be separated
> too. and as you mentioned clamav, may be
> "Permissions and Access Control" better be upgraded to "Security", also
> covering firewall and seLinux. This is especially desirable if we could
> depart from self-signed certificates (which is the howtos all over the web)
> distinguish between authority and owner, and unifying all different services
> (sendmail, apache, dovecot) under one certificate.
>
> and speaking of ssl, I wonder how hard should it be to establish something
> like ".Fedora" or ca.gnu.org, FOSS kinda certificate authority, to have our
> brand in online security. member sponsorship and verification based
> certificate community, which would take us past self-signed "certificate"
> without giving big bucks to Verisign&Co
>
> Giorgi

Giorgi,

I think that would be good, having "Security" covering those areas. By
firewall do you mean iptables or programs like firestarter? Sorry, I
have never looked at the GUI firewall that comes with fedora...

Cheers,

Murray.
pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious)
<murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]