FDSCo Meeting 2008-04-16 Summary

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Thu Apr 17 07:52:30 UTC 2008

Attendees:
-----------

Karsten Wade (quaid)
Paul Frields (stickster)
Jared Smith (jsmith)
Dimitris Glezos (glezos)
Bart Couvreur (couf)

      * Installation Guide: push to get a final out before Sunday (get
        Bob's changes in CVS by today!). We can live with late
        translations, we're going to publish as frequently as possible
        (rolling rebuilds)
      * Recruiting, retention -- training and self-documentation in the
        post-F9 world:
              * More people, more to do, so try to get the knowledge
                "load" of the core people
              * Post F9-release: start writing howto's on FDP processes
                and workflows based on all the info that exists in the
                wiki.
              * Post F9-release: see what and how we can extend our
                toolchain with stuff like publican and docbook-lint (et
                al). (interested parties: couf, stickster)
              * Training effort
              * GOAL: enabling the community to find the information
                when they need it
      * SingleSourceSummary: relevance for F9 is now only used for
        Marketing, need to get this one on the agenda for F10 way
        earlier
      * Look at possibility of using fedorahosted for project tracking
        and create an entity for our toolchain there
      * Updates on all other work:
              * relnotes - all built for GA?  9+ languages at 100%
              * UG - love me!  need to work on this *and* IG, but IG has
                to take precedent
              * SMG - needs a post XML conversion checkover to give
                jsmith any pointers, etc.
              * Security Guide -- just how-to setup encryption
                post-install for now, Sparks has plans here for a full
                guide, discussed with Fedora Security Team
              * AG -- post F9 work, as agreed previously