Example wiki page

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 13:06:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 08:56 -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 00:11 -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> >> I have a very rough page up detailing my perception of the elements
> >> that make a page complete from a wiki gardening perspective.
> >>
> >> Please keep in mind since there are no predecessors to this document a
> >> lot of the content was made up on the fly.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Example_wiki_page
> >>
> >> Please feel free to edit, change, comment, flame, or rewrite.
> >
> > The section on naming looks like you didn't finish your thought. :-)
> > But I know that the naming is something that Karsten was going to finish
> > up here on the list -- by tomorrow's meeting?  Not sure.
> >
> > But this page looks good to me!  You might also want a link to
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Editing as well.
>
> It's partially an unfinished thought and partially abandoned because
> when I asked for clarification in IRC and tried to stir up discussion
> on the list it generated no definitive answer.
> I shouldn't have left it in that state - and will go correct that, but
> last I heard we still have not settled on a new naming convention.

I think we settled on the following as acceptable:

fp.o/wiki/This_is_okay
fp.o/wiki/Subproject/This_is_okay

Note the wiki interprets those underlines as spaces, so if you start a
new page "This is okay" the wiki will generate that first actual page
link.  Under sub-projects we should do the same thing, so the
sub-project gets one directory's worth of "grace" for their own name,
but under that we use plain language page names.  In other words, try to
use spaces to make things more like regular language and less like a
techie directory listing:

fp.o/wiki/Okay/This/NotReally/GoodAtAll

Karsten, correct me if I'm wrong please, I don't want to give anybody a
bum steer.

--
Paul W. Frields