Publican and Other Langs

Juan Rodriguez nushio at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 22 18:53:39 UTC 2008

Hi there,

I joined the Documentation Program some time ago, hoping to help write
helpful files in Spanish for Fedora Users, and while I haven't been able to
contribute anything at all yet, I would like to start doing so.

I've been testing Publican, the new Documentation Package, and while it can
create the books in English, its making the translation thats giving me
issues.
Now, I'm new to DocBook, and Publican, so I might be doing something wrong.
What I did is create a Test Book called Test_Book, using create_book --name
Test_Book.
Afterwards, I uncommented OTHER LANGS from the Makefile, removed all of them
except es-ES, then proceeded to make update-po-all.

All XMLs are turned into a .po, though they create a warning "field
'Project-Id-Version' still has initial value, then an error.
Created ../es-ES/Test_Book.po.
    After:    msgfmt: (null): warning: PO file header missing or invalid
                warning: charset conversion will not work
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error

And Test_Book.po is completely blank.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug I should report? And if so, where?

Thanks for your time
-Nushio
--
Ing. Juan M. Rodriguez Moreno