[Fwd: Re: GPG Keysigning at FUDCon]

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Jan 3 20:46:36 UTC 2008

On Thu 03 Jan 2008, John Poelstra wrote:

> Would it make sense to change our docs to refer to subkeys.pgp.net
> instead of MIT?

Personally, I followed the instructions in your wiki exactly,
and they did not work.

I created a gpg key, and took the asci version to pgp.mit.edu,
and it worked perfectly.

I tried accessing subkeys.pgp.net,
and I got re-directed to <http://lists.maluska.de/mailman/listinfo>
which firefox could not find.

Maybe I'm lucky, but as far as I am concerned
MIT runs a service for registering pgp keys,
which works perfectly well in a completely transparent way.
You register your key, and then you check that it is registered.

I see absolutely no advantage is following an indirect route
which achieves the same thing (if it works, which it doesn't for me)
in a mysterious and roundabout way.