DUG Updates

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 19:04:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 21:30 -0500, Dan O'Brien wrote:
> It seems that you've gotten quite a bit done on the DUG. One thing I
> can't help but notice is a lot seems to be Gnome specific (the
> Customizing page for example). I'm a gnome user myself and try to steer
> away from KDE myself but I'd be happy to fill in the necessary bits
> tonight/tomorrow, but what about xfce? It's probably too late now, but
> maybe in the next version of the DUG we should  have a section that
> covers all the generic things (things that are the same across each of
> the desktop environments) and branch off into 3 sections for everything
> else, ie (and this is just an example):
>
> generic content here
> Gnome
>   * customizing
>   * working with media
>   * etc
> KDE
>   * customizing
>   * working with media
>   * etc
> Xfce
>
> and so on down the line. This may make for an easier read as a user
> could jump to the section covering their desktop of choice.

You may want to drill back in the mailing list archives a few weeks or
so, but I think we did discuss this.  Although it's roughly six of one,
a half dozen of the other, this organization is probably easier to
maintain:

* Generic Content
* Customizing
** GNOME
** KDE
** XFCE
* Working With Media
** GNOME
** KDE
** XFCE

This probably allows easier beat-style spreading of the subject matter.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/