SELinux in guides [was: Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:15:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 19:51 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> <snip>
> > > make html-en_US in the correct folder
> > > scp -r selinux-faq-en_US <fas-name>@fedorapeople.org:~/public_html/
> > >
> > > This would make it available on
> > > <fas-name>.fedorapeople.org/selinux-faq-en_US
> > >
> > > BTW you might want to copy your work into a devel branch, so we keep an
> > > analogous directory layout in CVS.
> <snip>
> http://mwiriadi.fedorapeople.org/selinux-faq-en_US/
>
> I've put it up there and I'll start transferring information across in a
> use case situation.  I'm going to try and use Gui and console at the
> same time but we shall see.
>
> I'm thinking that there should be a minimum requirement for software
> installed.  It would be easier for a use to be on the same base as me
> when they are using SELinux?

The best standard for this, which we declare for other guides, is to do
a completely default installation of Fedora and work from that.  The
default SELinux mode is Enforcing the targeted policy.  I find it useful
to do testing in a VM since it means I don't have to monkey with my
actual system configuration -- and in any case that would be a bad idea
since it's sometimes difficult to predict how the changes one has
already made would affect testing results.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/