DuG

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Sun Jan 27 01:53:10 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 01:00 +0200, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > Appreciate the
> > feedback was there anything else that needed altering?
>
> One other thing I'd like to mention. KDE4 has Dolphin as the default file
> manager
> <http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070405-afirst-look-at-dolphin-the-kde-4-file-manager.html>.
> I know the guide is not complete yet, but maybe Dolphin should also be
> mentioned (if someone of you writers has the time to test KDE4 when F9 hits
> beta).
>
> I don't have an extra machine to run Rawhide on and I haven't gotten myself to
> try any of these virtualisation things, even though they sound quite usable
> for testing...
>
> --
> Ville-Pekka Vainio

Ok last night I installed KDE4 on F8 and there was nothing significant
that changes. Menu locations go Kmenu > Applications and some multimedia
stuff changed.

I've used dolphin but we don't use it for anything as it is.  The major
change I will work on is the KDE desktop where I'll explain how to add
favorites and other things and alt + f2 to search for applications and
Google.

If anyone wants to install it or wants to know more details jump in
#fedora-kde or give me a yell.

Apart from that I'm waiting for the last beta for final screenshots of
the desktop for the KDE section.

Edit status on everything still stands since content wise there is
nothing major to alter.

Cheers,

Marc