jEdit

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jan 2 19:01:02 UTC 2008

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 13:50 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
>

>> I just had the thought that you might be typing the "$" character:
>>

> One of the reasons why we don't like including the command prompt in
> example commands:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#Writing_Example_Commands
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/documentation-guide/en_US/sn-screenshots.html#ex-text-screenshot-good
>   ^== (old and needs updating)
>
> </style_eagle>
>
> ;-) - Karsten

    Well, I am making the getting on jedit a worthless task. With the
new version I get the wrong output, and with the earlier version I get
an error as this is.

thread "Basic L&F directory loader" Exception in thread "Basic L&F
directory loader" java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$DirectoryLoadThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$DirectoryLoadThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$DirectoryLoadThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$DirectoryLoadThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicDirectoryModel$DirectoryLoadThread.run(libgcj.so.8rh)
Installing jedit-program
Installing jedit-macros
Installing jedit-api
GC Warning: Repeated allocation of very large block (appr. size 1802240):
        May lead to memory leak and poor performance.
Performing task unix-script
Performing task unix-man
[root at k5di Desktop]#

This is from loading version 4.2 and the GC Warning is repeated every
time I try to use it. And of course I have no idea how to fix this.
Where did very large block come from I wonder?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User