SELinux in guides [was: Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen]

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Sat Jan 5 15:12:51 UTC 2008

Op zaterdag 05-01-2008 om 09:56 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Paul W.
Frields:

[snip]

> This is my fault -- I only made a F-8 branch for Marc when he started
> working on this.  I haven't seen many commits lately, though -- there
> are some changes to a couple paragraphs that mention graphical tools,
> though, and some changes to the Fedora release numbers.  Marc, did you
> find when you checked that everything else in the FAQ was still
> applicable?
>
> I was hoping that more of Dan Walsh's material from the wiki[1] would be
> prominently available in official docs, but do we want to:
>
> 1.  ...incoprorate Walsh's work in the FAQ?

Yes, this should definitely happen. There's a lot of stuff Walsh's
written which explains most of SELinux.

> 2.  ...roll the FAQ into the Admin Guide and add Walsh's work there?
> 3.  ...keep them separate?

I would like to keep them separate, it would bloat the AG too much. Once
you start of with SELinux the amount of content gets tripled. And we
don't really want people searching SELinux stuff to go through the whole
AG to find what they need as SELinux sometimes affects a whole portion
of the system.

> 4.  ...[other]?

Upgrade the FAQ to a more formal Guide? This includes a lot of intro,
and why is SELinux what it is, but that would mostly be a rephrasing /
styling of the content out there on the different wiki's, blogs, ...

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93