KDE critique (DUG)

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:23:22 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 5:04 PM, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc at mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I had a quick chat to Rex about the DUG and he's going to post to the
> KDE SIG to see if someone is willing to work with us to make sure the
> KDE parts are all correct.

Thanks for taking the initiative on that. If someone can help from the
KDE SIG, that would be great.

> Since with F-9 XFCE will actually be a spin we will need to consider the
> default XFCE settings etc.  Can someone email whoever takes care of the
> package or if there is a SIG the SIG so we can liase with them.

I personally use Xfce and am glad to hear that there will be a F9 spin
devoted to it. I'll see if there is an Xfce SIG and get back to you.

> I'm hoping to make the DUG more inclusive so users won't have to try and
> figure out whats going on.

Do you mean by "inclusive" that users will be directed clearly to the
section relevant to their needs, such as common apps and then the
appropriate GNOME, KDE or Xfce families of apps?

Strictly speaking, I am on vacation until 26 January, but I'll do what
I can given the craziness at the moment.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Lead Writer, F8 DUG (with some very able assistance)