DUG Updates

Dan O'Brien dan at new2linux.com
Mon Jan 7 14:40:16 UTC 2008

John Babich wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 10:01 PM, Dan O'Brien <dan at new2linux.com> wrote:
>
>> <snip>

>>> Are you still able to do this or do you want me to do it?
>>>

>> I've just finished adding this.
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Financial

>>> I think NetworkManager is the default on both?  Knetworkmanager runs the
>>> same doesn't it?
>>>

>> Yes it runs the same in both KDE and Gnome (not sure about xfce though)
>> the only difference is the location of the menu item to launch the
>> application. I'll fix this if you like?
>>

> Xfce uses knetworkmanager also.
>
> Love,
>
> John

OK, I'll touch up the 'Connecting to the internet' page later today or
this evening to point the user to the menu location of network manager
in each desktop environment.

On a side note, does anyone have a list of outstanding items for the
DUG? My fiancee and I are expecting a baby any day now and I'd like to
knock out as much as possible before then.

Regards,
Dan O'Brien