SELinux in guides [was: Self-Introduction: Eric Christensen]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 23:51:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 16:53 -0500, Jason wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 06:46 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > The best standard for this, which we declare for other guides, is to do
> > > a completely default installation of Fedora and work from that.  The
> > > default SELinux mode is Enforcing the targeted policy.  I find it useful
> > > to do testing in a VM since it means I don't have to monkey with my
> > > actual system configuration -- and in any case that would be a bad idea
> > > since it's sometimes difficult to predict how the changes one has
> > > already made would affect testing results.
> >
> > What do you use as a VM.  I tried VMWare and I don't really like it I'm
> > not to sure what else is out there.  Also are there any docs to install
> > the VM if you use a different kind?
>
> I use qemu/kvm works quite well (XP is a little flaky but that's not
> terribly suprising). Check
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Fedora8VirtQuickStart?highlight=%
> 28QuickStart%29
>
> for help, that's all I followed to get stuff up and running. If you hit
> a bump give a holler.. :D

As did I.  It works great for Fedora, RHEL, and CentOS guests, even if
you only have a 32-bit CPU and no hardware virtualization.  You'll want
to be able to cut off some RAM for the virtual guest machines, so having
at least 1 GB in your machine may make things much easier.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/