Please update Spanish Fedora Documentation and create central spanish forums!

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Sun Jan 20 03:15:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 00:01 -0200, Marcelo Martínez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Marcelo from Uruguay.
>
> The spanish Fedora users needs Updated spanish documentation.
>
> The documentation in spanish is out of date, and we need easy access
> to the documentation.
>
> When I visit fedoraproject.org the web is in spanish, (great!!) but
> when i navigate others web sections see are in "English", for example
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ (and every subsections there, including
> docs, of course)
>
> I think Red Hat is a worldwide linux leader and must give more
> resources to fedora, the documentation is very important and in fedora
> is poor.
>
> My English is basic and not good to make spanish translations of the
> documentation, but Red Hat can paid traductors.

Fedora does not have any paid translators from RedHat working on it as
part of their day job.  The people in Fedora may work for Red Hat but
they generally do not work on Fedora while at Red Hat. There are
exceptions but generally people donate their time.

Therefore my recommendation is that you try and do the translations
where you can.
> Another reclaim is about the forums...  There is not central spanish
> forums for fedora, I think fedoraforums.org must create a "spanish
> section" or create a new forum for centralize all spanish questions
> and projects, like ubuntuforums loco teams subforums.

The fedoraforums are not run by the fedora project they are external but
supportive of fedora.  Your best bet is to talk to the people on the
fedoraforums.