Centralised Docs

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 08:28:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 15:43 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Can we sort out or generate a list of documents that are available on
> the wiki that are available.
>
> I bring this up because there seems to be docs all over the place and a
> lot of information is located on the wiki but isn't referenced except
> from other docs.

Right, this leads in from the Fedora GIG conversation.

Historically, what you found on the wiki was not "docs".  It was content
from sub-projects and under their control.

Guiding new contributors through the Fedora GIG covers some of what I
think you are talking about.

The rest might benefit from a reorganization, such as what we proposed
for Wiki Gardening:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WikiGardening#New_Organizational_Scheme

However, when it comes to "docs" that are owned/maintained by other
sub-projects, the best we can do is offer to help.  If they don't like
our ideas or want our help, there isn't much we can do.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41