fedora board page?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:08:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 15:02 +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't think you could have tried very hard -- I just typed "board"
>> > into the wiki's search engine and the right page comes up immediately.
>>
>> I did find it easily with the search also, my point is that somebody
>> who doesn't know what to type in the search isn't presented with the
>> link to click and see the board page.
>
> I'm fairly comfortable with that -- who is going to be looking for the
> Board as their first stop for something Fedora-related, and actually
> have that be the correct landing spot?
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>  irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
>
> --

This seams strange to me. There should be at lease a page explaining
fedora project. On main page I see this:
Navigation
    * Get Fedora
    * Join Fedora

but I expect also:
    * About Fedora

On this "About Fedora" page I would expect explanation on how is
Fedora organised. What each board does, pages to those boards, members
of that boards, explanation about fedora contributers, core developers
and ambassadors.

Am I wrong to expect this on Fedora Project home page? Why?

On the main page there is a link "Learn more" that goes to a page but
I see a few issues on that page. Link to "Contributors" links to a
statistics page(?) I would expect here a page that explains what means
to be a fedora contributor - on that page a link to statistics would
be ok.

Not even on "Learn more" page is any mention of fedora board or any
explanation fedora project organized - I find strange.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/