Contributors v. Writers v. Editors

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Thu Jun 19 23:13:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 12:56 -0400, Dan Smith wrote:
> Some folks contribute in multiple ways.

Absolutely...

> I've not been able to make a big contribution.

I'm certainly feeling guilty about that too...

> Another issue that has come up is Fedora's abandonment of the
> desktop.

[very long snip]

I'm glad that you were able to get that off your chest... I'm sure that
writing about it helped.  That being said, it's really orthogonal to the
thread, and better suited for another list other than the docs project
mailing list.  I don't mean to sound rude or to come off as
condescending (and I would have simply kept my mouth shut), but I've had
several other people come to me in private and ask "What?  Fedora is
abandoning the desktop?  Why are we writing docs if they don't care!"
and were left very confused by your post.

In short, let's please try to stick to the topic at hand, please.

-Jared