Future was Re: Contributors v. Writers v. Editors

Dan Smith draciron at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 11:20:01 UTC 2008

That seems like a really good idea actually. Sounds like a way I could
contribute far more than I could here.  Read up on the docs actually.
Seems that to form such a group we need a core of people. Anybody else
interested in founding and creating such a group.

Don't have a name yet. The duties kind of overlap with some other
areas but with the bigger picture in mind rather than the details that
seem to swamp the other projects.

Core ideas.
Developing a best of breed/migration strategy and list of apps,
documentation of these apps, practices and strategies to streamline
Linux desktop adoption and usage.

In short the group would be part testers, part advocates, part
documentation and part strategy. One important goal is to work as
closely with related groups, especially if work is duplicated. However
just as important is to give Fedora an easy migration path for windows
and Mac users. Right now none exists. Work will also be as closely as
possible done with other distros.

Anybody interested email me. We'll put together a charter, members
list and submit it along the Fedora guidleines.

Paul I'll bow out of the topic as you requested. This post asking for
interested members to help found the SIG will be the last post on
this.