SMG in CVS, ready for post-DocBook conversion edit

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 03:15:33 UTC 2008

The Software Management Guide has undergone a bit of a facelift, with
these cool changes:

* Freshly updated content written and edited by Eric 'Sparks'
Christensen; edit and wiki conversion to DocBook XML by Jared Smith

* This checkout is in DocBook but has not been edited for proper Fedora
Docs style:
  - At least Paul and I have agreed to have review it
  - Chance to watch fedora-docs-commits to learn how and why we do stuff
    - Informative CVS commit messages guaranteed or your money back!

* The current development version is available in CVS[1]:
  cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs/software-management-guide-devel

* Module in CVS moved from 'yum-software-management' to reflect new name
and focus

* All current and old bugzilla entries for 'y-s-m' moved to 's-m-g'
  - New module owner Eric Christensen, QA eye by Jared Smith

= Next Steps =

1. Big XML crawl over with our Sherlockian magnifying glass
2. Approve for Fedora 9
3. Publish with Fedora 9 on:
   http://docs.fedoraproject.org/software-management-guide

== How to Help with the XML Crawl ==

Declare to this thread which chapters you want to review; review them
and commit changes to CVS; be thanked.

- Karsten

[1] CVS access details at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsUsage#Anonymous_CVS

The module for just the -devel branch is
'software-management-yum-devel'.

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org