FDSCo Meeting 2008-03-05 Summary

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:08:03 UTC 2008

Summary of Fedora Documentation Steering Committee (FDSCo) meeting
held on Wednesday, 05 March 2008 at 20:00 hrs UTC

Attendees:
-------------

Jared Smith (jsmith)
Karsten Wade (quaid)
John Babich (jbabich)
Robert "Bob" Jensen (evilbob)
Paul Frields (stickster)
Bart Couvreur (couf)

* Old business (last week's meeting)
    - FDSCo has a new vice chair, jmbuser, with 4 of the 5 present
voting, 1 abstaining

* Lowering the barriers for contributors
    - "sign up, agree, and edit" in one go

* Wiki gardening
    - In preparation for migration from MoinMoin wiki to MediaWiki
    - we need this sorted out before F9 drops or we'll have the same
mess as usual
    - the goal is to enable maintainers as well as contributors to be
effective, easily and early
    - eradicated Docs and Draft namespaces makes sense; the whole wiki == docs
    - hierarchy of project_area and content_area should be good enough
    - finalize the DUG and AG, to enable progress on GIG (Getting
Involved Guide) and other docs

ACTIONS
    - Clean up MoinMoin Wiki
    - Get familiar with MediaWiki features
    - Finalize DUG and AG

* Relnotes one sheet
    - looks good so far; getting more attention
    - later parse some of that back into the Beats

* Release Beats
    - Upcoming Wiki freeze is 16 March
    - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule
    - schedule is basically accurate for here on out

ACTION
    - Finalize Release Beats before 16 March freeze