DuG shifting to XML

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 16:07:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 19:18 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 19:51 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> > We are starting to get ready for shifting the pages to XML. How do I do
> > that because I would like to learn how to do it.
> >
> > Setting up the build files etc. Make blah blah.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Marc
> >

> Can I bump this please so I can learn and contribute that little  bit
> more.

In this case, there is an existing module in CVS, so that makes it
easier to start (and learn from.)

You need to check out 'desktop-user-guide' and all work is in the /devel
folder (branch.)  What is good here is that the basic structure,
Makefile, and special XML files are in there to tweak.  From there,
we'll need to remove files that no longer count, and replace ones that
do count.  I'd reckon that it may *not* be worth saving the existing
XML, however you might know that some content is worth saving.

Hmm, I just updated and the /devel directory is fully empty.  You might
want to pull in some pieces from the F-8/ branch.  Copy stuff over
to /devel, add it to CVS, and be ready for conversion.

We can then start converting the chapters that are ready at any time.
That's the part, to start, where you'll need some help.  People
experienced in that include myself, Paul, Jared Smith (jsmith), and Bart
Couvreur (couf).

This is the fun part!  So let's get it started.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41