new wiki hierarchies scheme

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 01:38:59 UTC 2008

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WikiGardening#New_Organizational_Scheme

I think this represents the state of the conversation.

While Paul makes a point that a wiki with proper indexing and search
doesn't have to care about hierarchies, I'm certain it matters that we
define a standard.  Why?

* People want to follow a pattern; not everyone, but enough people.  If
we give them a template to follow, they will, and it will help make
things just that much easier to create and find content.

* Hierarchies help identify holes in content.

* It helps the army of wiki watchers we need to recruit (aka WikiAntz)

So, presuming we are going to lead this wiki guardian charge and
presuming my ideas there are sound, how does this
New_Organizational_Scheme seem to you?

--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org