[DRAFT-2] F9 Beta release announcement

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 00:40:18 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:

[I missed providing feedback on this earlier but some thoughts now]

>  * KDE 4.0.2, which includes a brand new desktop and panel with many new
> concepts, integrated desktop search, a brand new visual style called
> Oxygen, a new multimedia API called Phonon, and a new hardware
> integration framework called Solid -- all integrated by Fedora's KDE SIG

We should probably have expanded and said KDE Special Interest Group or
just Fedora KDE team and avoided the jargon.

>  * Jigdo, an alternative system that reduces download size in some
> situations, or for people who can't use BitTorrent

If we are using this release to estimate interest in jidgo, one
important consideration is that we haven't published good official
documentation on how to use this. The tools involved are not very user
friendly to understand the process without documentation either.

Rahul