building the release notes rpm

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 00:34:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Paul Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Murray McAllister
>  <murray.mcallister at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  Looking at the schedule (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule):
>  >
>  >  *  31 March 2008: PO files due from L10N
>  >
>  >  Preview Release translation & development freeze
>  >
>  >  1 April 2008: fedora-release-notes package PR to Fedora release engineering
>  >
>  >  Is this by April 1, or can it be UTC 2359 April 1?
>
>  All times listed on our schedules are always UTC 2359 on the listed
>  date.  So if you're looking for that extra time, it's there! :-)
>

>  >  Do I have to do anything more, other than build it, and check it back into CVS?
>
>  Just the building, but I will probably need to be around to help you
>  with that, in case something goes awry.
>

>  >  What happens if a translation messes up the build? Is there time for
>  >  the translator to fix it?
>
>  Not really, but sometimes the errors are simple, like a mistyped XML
>  tag, meaning we can fix them ourselves.  (You have to use a decent
>  PO-aware tool, like... oh, Emacs! Gosh, is there nothing it can't do?)
>  :-)
>
>  In cases where the problem is *really* egregious, we have to disable
>  the translation in question and notify the translator so they can fix
>  it before GA.  That rarely happens -- except when translators fail to
>  translate the entities in docs-common, but in that case we can simply
>  enter empty PO files and build anyway, notifying the translators of
>  the need to take care of it in the next few weeks.
>
>  Paul

Thanks,

If you propose a time that you want to do this, I will fit in with you.

Regards,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]