Regarding doc: readme-burning-isos

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 9 11:32:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 12:30 +0300, John Babich wrote:
> On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Yuan Yijun <bbbush.yuan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think the doc needs some update in "burning software" section:
> >

> First of all, thanks for taking the time to give feedback on this document.
>
> > 1. first link http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm does
> > not work anymore
> >

> This link still works. I used this link to download the Windows Vista
> version of this utility just a few hours ago. It's possible that this
> link was down when you attempted to reach it.
>
> Having said that, the document should be revised to note that there
> are different versions required for different versions of Windows.
>
> > 2. winxp has its own command to burn ISO to disk
> >
> > Windows 2003 Resource Kit Tools (rktools.exe)
> > http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/e/c/8ec3a7d8-05b4-440a-a71e-ca3ee25fe057/rktools.exe
> >
> > And an instance (on winxp sp3 applied)
> > <snipped to save space>
> >

> Thanks for the link to rktools.
>
> Please be aware that it may not be possible to update this in time for
> the upcoming Fedora 9 release. It should definitely be revised in time
> for Fedora 10.

John, is this something you feel you could update, provided the steps
shown above?  The document content is in CVS under the
'readme-burning-isos' module.  You should be able to follow the existing
text for wording.  Although this can't make it to the version we include
on discs for F9, we could publish it to the web site as soon as it was
ready.