Persistent overlay?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 19 13:45:59 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I'm not sure whether changing this midstream is a great idea.  After
> all, the "persistence" and "persistent overlay" were terms I described
> repeatedly and consistently with every one of the dozen or more
> interviews I gave for Fedora 9.

I noticed and it I am still not sure it is the right choice. Many people
didn't even get the idea on what was different from previous releases of
Fedora or other distributions on this particular USB feature. I am still
of the opinion "persistent overlay" is just not the right terminology
for end users.

Rahul