Docs toolchain meeting(s) start this Fri 0100 UTC

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu May 22 06:40:33 UTC 2008

We discussed previously[1] meeting with various interested parties about
the current and future Fedora Docs toolchain.  From the previous
discussion, our initial meeting is:

        #fedora-docs on irc.freenode.net

        Friday 23 May     0100 UTC
                          11:00 Brisbane
        Thursday 22 May   9:00pm US/Eastern
                          6:00pm US/Pacific

This time best accommodates the two centers of toolchain activity
currently, the continental US and APAC, in particular Brisbane, AU.

We can plan on having a weekly meeting until we feel it needs to stop.
These meetings are a good chance for Publican upstream, Fedora Docs
toolchain upstream, and Fedora L10n to work on integration issues.

Topics:

0. F10 toolchain goals?
1. Fix lingering problems
   - Problems in the existing toolchain
     - List and define
   - What is fixed by ripping and replacing with Publican?
   - Is there any advantage to leaving the passivetex chain?
2. Make enhancements for usability
   - Related to the toolchain overall
3. Integrate publican
   - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-May/msg00042.html
   - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-May/msg00077.html
4. Make sure any changes integrate well with L10N Toolchain
   - DamnedLies, Transifex, and ?
5. Others?

thanks - Karsten
[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2008-April/msg00010.html