[Fedora Installation Guide] #24: Decide what titles/roles to apply to workers for IG and add that to a new Colophon

Fedora Installation Guide trac at fedorahosted.org
Sat Nov 1 18:14:20 UTC 2008

#24: Decide what titles/roles to apply to workers for IG and add that to a new
Colophon
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  ke4qqq   |       Owner:  quaid
      Type:  task     |      Status:  new
 Component:  Content  |     Version:  10.0.0
Resolution:           |    Keywords:
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by quaid):

  * summary:  Decide what titles/roles to apply to workers for IG and add
              that to rpminfo.xml => Decide what titles/roles
              to apply to workers for IG and add that to a
              new Colophon

Old description:

> So since Paul and Stuart originally wrote the content for IG - and
> largely the update for F10 was fact checking, editing with snippets of
> writing and wordsmithing I don't know how comfortable I feel declaring
> everyone an 'author'. I've added all the details for $uscguys, eawest and
> myself; I noticed that jsmith did the same thing. Thus I appoint quaid to
> make the decision :)

New description:

 So since Paul and Stuart originally wrote the content for IG - and largely
 the update for F10 was fact checking, editing with snippets of writing and
 wordsmithing I don't know how comfortable I feel declaring everyone an
 'author'. I've added all the details for $uscguys, eawest and myself; I
 noticed that jsmith did the same thing. Thus I appoint quaid to make the
 decision :)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 pfrields]:
 > I would personally prefer that we remove all names (and thus the onerous
 concept of "ownership") from all our guides, and simply refer to them as
 written by the "Fedora Documentation Team."  I started doing this a while
 ago with some of the other documentation like the Release Notes, even
 though Karsten and I were doing a lot of editing work there.

 +1

 Let's replace the front-page author list with "Fedora Documentation Team",
 then put in an actual colophon that covers methods and doers.  This was
 the way the Red Hat team did it for a long time, for much of the same
 reason (brand/community forward, cleaner front page, etc.)  I think we
 switched in Fedora to gain, "Grow your reputation," capabilities.  That
 now seems redundant, since there are better ways to show that reputation.

 I'm renaming this ticket to show the new task, which is the creation of a
 colophon for the IG.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/install-guide/ticket/24#comment:2>
Fedora Installation Guide <https://fedorahosted.org/install-guide/>