what does content look like on docs.fp.o

Christopher Curran ccurran at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 08:10:57 UTC 2008

Murray McAllister wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Murray McAllister
> <murray.mcallister at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw this in #fedora-docs:
>>
>> "Wiki => XML in git => HTML => PHP-wrapped-HTML => CVS => HTML => docs.fp.o"
>>
>> Is it possible to build content with publican and then host on docs.fp.o?
>>
>> Will it look the same as if I built it locally?
>>
>> Cheers.

That process is rather complicated. Presently it's confusing and a pain
to get new documents in. I have 2 documents for fedora which I'm hosting
locally because converting to wiki and docbook is a pain. I'm not going
to maintain 2 copies of 2 books. Can we have a documentation folder for
pdf or html documents, developed with publican?

Something like the way gentoo.org does their documentation. XML single
source, updates to an svn repository, then nightly builds from the svn
repository for the website. Wiki to docbook to wiki is silly and a
massive barrier to entry.