lead writer - you?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 19:00:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 08:14:26AM -0700, Dale Bewley wrote:

> I'm interested in working on the Virtualization Guide. Not knowing the
> full implications of the "Guide" format or being a lead, and not yet
> being very familiar with docbook, etc. I presume the best way to get
> started is to just begin revising the virtualization quickstart guide[1]
> with the idea it could become a "Guide" guide?

Yes, we can start with new page names and putting in the
[[Category:Draft Documentation]] tag.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_structure

> It's something I've pondered for quite a while. It looks to be in better
> shape than I recalled. There was previously only a F8 specific guide.
>
> Also, checking out the other guides[2] seems like a good idea. If Guide
> has a formal definition, should there be a Guide category in MW? Is
> there an index page I'm missing?

Hmm, that's not a bad idea.  Just as we might want [[Category:How
to]], why not [[Category:Guide]]?

One question is, do you intend to convert to XML or work only on the
wiki?  That dictates some of the details of how your organize it, etc.

Next you'll want to know the pos/neg for each choice. :)

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41