FDSCo Meeting 2008-11-26 Summary

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 22:07:47 UTC 2008

Attendees
=========
David Nalley (ke4qqq)
Paul W. Frields (stickster)
Karsten Wade (quaid)

IRC meeting log:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Docs_IRC_log_20081126

Summary
=======

* FDSCo et al work from this task list:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_admin_tasks_for_experienced_contributors

* Meeting time really is 1900 UTC, with a local clock adjustment
  required

  - ACTION: quaid to send out reminders 24 hours in advance so we all
    remember in the future

* Next meeting (03 December) is going to focus on lessons learned
  from F10 cycle, and how to apply them to F11

* Fedora Docs intends to adopt and migrate to using Publican before
  FUDCon in January.

  - ACTION: Someone needs to lead a Publican how-to session (jsmith,
    quaid, stickster)

* The 'fedora-doc-utils' package still serves other purposes, will
  continue to have a lightweight DocBook processing built in.

  - ACTION: New package for this is needed, then we can have a global
    location to use in the Makefile for the 'docs-common' components

* Content management system is current important focus for December.

* All documents need a team behind them by 15 Dec. or they go on a 'to
  be dropped list'; that list is publicized widely; FUDCon 11 (15
  Jan.) is the hard drop date; any documents without a team at that
  point are dropped by Fedora Docs. Ref.:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject#The_Documents

* Fedora Docs welcomes the great new Fedora SELinux User Guide.

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41