common upstream ground (was Re: prompts in command examples)

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 13:33:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 08:30 +1000, Murray McAllister wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > Maybe we want to start a discussion of hashing out the difference in our
> > style guides and making one common Fedora-based writing guide we can all
> > reference, adding project- or commercial-specific content when working
> > downstream.
>
> Red Hat Content Services agreed on a usage. The current thing I am
> working on is in Fedora, so if you could all let me know (preferably
> before November) what you decide, I'll change it accordingly.

Other groups in Red Hat have greatly benefited from working on external
guides and processes, then deriving internally from them.  RPM packaging
guidelines springs immediately to mind, and mutually beneficial projects
such as EPEL.  No surprise, this is a simple extension of the open
source methodology.  Given enough time, the external community is going
to duplicate and improve upon everything an internal group does
privately.

Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41