Much more emphasis on Fedora users needed in wiki

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:37:43 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have looked and didn't find previous mentions of this issue, if there was
discussion on this topic please point me in the right direction.

I looked, and looked and couldn't find info about specific topics for Fedora
on Fedorproject wiki pages. For example howto setup bluetooth and gps on
Fedora, or how to setup wireless from command line on Fedora etc...

Are there some wiki pages for users? As I see it the Fedora wiki is made for
Fedora project and not for Fedora users :(

I just love how Gentoo community has make their wiki pages a trully
excellent source for their users - just look at their blueetooth howto [2]
and wireless howto [3] pages

I have looked at fedora drafts [3] and I see some promising docs there but
I'm not aware of wiki pages that are made for users so that they can use
them for.

I found some online discussion about this already [4]. Atleast link to these
pages from main Fedora wiki page.

If it is possible please make an effort to edit the main wiki page and make
Fedora guides and howto wiki pages, look through some of drafts posted
allready and just ask Fedora community to add their new stuff there.

I personally posted howto few months ago and it still sits in drafts :( And
to me it looks like nobody of "authority" even looks at those pages and that
really demotivates me to make new howtos and contribute to Fedora
documentation

Just look at all the great howtos and guides on Fedora forum [5], but people
need to know abou it, and it is a shame that these great information is not
served from Fedora project pages because people probably expect it there and
not on some random forum :(

Cheers,
Valent.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/bluetooth-guide.xml