Much more emphasis on Fedora users needed in wiki

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:06:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 2:48 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 06:53:10PM +0200, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> I just posted a new howto on my blog.
>>
>> Bluetooth GPS Fedora howto:
>> http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/bluetooth-gps-fedora-howto/
>>
>> Is there somewhere on Fedora wiki a place for it?
>
> You don't have to ask, Valent, it's a wiki.  Every user has a draft
> space under their username on the wiki.  For instance, mine is:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields
>
> When I want to post something for people to edit, I use:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/My_new_document
>
> If you want the solution to be globally searchable, you can use:
>
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Some_new_document

Thank you Paul,
I made new document on wiki:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Valent/Fedora_Bluetooth_GPS_How_To

Maybe I wasn't clear (english is not my primary language) but I wasn't
asking how to put page on the wiki (but still thank you very much for
explaining) but how to better organize Fedora wiki for Fedora users.

Have you looked at Gentoo wiki? Have you looked at Fedora Solved?

That is what I'm talking about.

Let's make Fedora wiki better for Fedora users with a HowTo section on
the front page that makes use of best howtos currently in drafts. When
the "wiki infrastructure" is up I guess that other Fedora contributors
will join and add much more Fedora howtos and guides.

I hope others join and help out with editing this page because I can't
make mediawiki do what I want :(

I have an issue with my draft
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Valent/Fedora_Bluetooth_GPS_How_To

Especially the this part:

rfcomm0 {
# Automatically bind the device at startup
bind yes;

# Bluetooth address of the device
device 00:12:EE:55:00:FF;

# RFCOMM channel for the connection
channel 1;

# Description of the connection
comment "GPS Bluetooth dongle";
}

Mediawiki display is completely different, and if I put nowiki tag
then it is all in one line :(

Thank you Paul once more!

Valent from Croatia.

--