Meeting today at 1900 UTC

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 17:06:20 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 13:21 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> But we *REALLY* need to pow-wow about ongoing L10n difficulties -- see
> Noriko's very helpful messages to f-trans-list and f-docs-list -- and
> how to solve them properly:
>
> 1.  How do we make fedora-doc-utils available for people to commit?
> Should we backport changes from that repo to the old CVS/docs-common,
> and let translators continue to use that?

Since we have the 'cvsl10n' group already well populated, that is a good
way to go.

Is anyone available today to port the changes from the fedora-doc-utils
git repo back to the CVS module?

> 2.  Do the influx of translators from Red Hat's translation community
> (hopefully many more languages) have the ability to effectively add
> support for their respective languages in our new modules?

There are now two aspects:

1. Updates to docs-common
2. New languages in LINGUAS

For the first, what about opening up docs-common to cvsl10n so people
can just check in the files they need to?

For the second, the only thing I can think of is to send a request for
each language, and a git committer can make the change.

> 3.  We need to update the TQSG with the appropriate guidance for
> translators.

OK, once we know what that is.

> There may be other issues -- I haven't triaged all my email yet this
> morning.

I'm not seeing anything else.

Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org