F10 Preview release announcement

Adam D. Ligas adam at physco.com
Fri Oct 31 00:21:30 UTC 2008

OK - I didn't see any responses to this.  I opted to go for funny and a
food theme.  Funny because I like humor, and food because I'm actually
quite hungry at the moment :).

If this doesn't fit the tone of what we are looking for I have no
problem throwing it out.  I was really writing this more as an exercise
to try to write something like this.

That said, feel free to hack it up and make it look like someone who
knew what they were doing wrote it :).  I couldn't find a link to the
release notes in the wiki, so that would certainly need to be added.

- Adam

--- Fedora Preview Release Announcement Start ---

Do you smell that?  I think its almost done!

The Fedora Project is proud to announce the availability of the Fedora
10 Preview Release.  The Fedora 10 Preview Release is our last
pre-release offering before we let everyone taste the goods for real.

Doesn't it smell yummy?  We know you can't resist, and we don't want you
to!  We want everyone in the Fedora community to take an early sample
and tell us what you find.  We think the recipe is pretty good, but now
is the time to make it perfect.

And, since this is Fedora, we don't have anything to hide.  You can take
a peek at what is in the secret sauce by looking at our Release Notes in
the Fedora Project wiki.  We use 100% pure FOSS here, none of that high
fructose proprietary stuff.

We expect that many of you will get nothing but a tasty treat, but some
of you might experience something a little more bitter.  Don't fret -
all is not lost!  There is still time to improve the recipe before we
share it with the world.  Just head on over to the Fedora Bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.redhat.com) and let us know what offended your palate.

If you'd like, you can even interact with the chefs more directly.  You
can join the live staff in the kitchen by coming to #fedora-qa on
irc.freenode.net, or you can leave a message for the staff by sending an
email to the fedora-test-list.

Ready to get your free preview sample?  Go ahead and swipe one straight
from the oven - we don't mind.  Put on your favorite heat resistant
BitTorrent mitt and grab one of the following goodies.  Take as many or
as few as you like.

Thanks for tasting!

--- Fedora Preview Release Announcement End ---