input on F10 virtualization release notes

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 7 16:55:49 UTC 2008

I've been working on the virtualization release notes[1] for Fedora 10
these past several days, and I'm looking for input from those in the
know. The advances coming out of the Emerging Technologies projects and
Fedora in general are very impressive, and I'd like to do them justice.

I added a lot of content quickly yesterday, and the page structure
is by no means solid, but there is a pending freeze[2] on October
10th. I'd like to get it into the best and most accurate shape
possible before then. There will be a chance to make updates again
before the F10 release.

I've attempted to describe the improvements to virtualization-related
packages between the F9 release versions and the anticipated F10
versions. I've created a table[3] of those versions to help with the
comparison. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know:

* if you believe a version bump is pending
* if I've left out any packages or features
* if I included something not noteworthy
* anything else you have to say

If you have any comments, contributions, or criticisms at all, please
add them to the wiki article/talk page/or email them to me.

Thanks! And keep up the great work!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Virtualization
[2] http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-10/f-10-docs-tasks.html
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DaleBewley#Virtualization_Release_Notes

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3