New language codes?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 19:55:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 03:30 -0400, Asgeir Frimannsson wrote:

> Here are the proposed renames. I'm not an expert, and some codes would
> make more sense without a country-qualifier I guess (country qualifier
> is ISO-wise optional).

If the country qualifier is ISO defined and not a political spark the
way flags are, then I don't see a barrier to country-qualifiers.  It
makes them a bit busier to read, but more informative.  For example,
'ca-ES' tells me much more than 'ca' did.  Makes sense to use them.

Thanks for this, I hadn't realized how far adrift we'd gone. :)

- Karsten

--
Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org