structure for F10 final release notes

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 17:06:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 09:27 -0400, John J. McDonough wrote:
> [...]

Good point, I was using the common to Linux narrow hobbyist definition,
that is, people who play with Linux for personal rather than
professional reasons.  There is also some crossover with power users.

> I'm not sure I can propose a better breakdown, though.  It does seem like
> there is a big difference between creative and entertainment ... i.e., a
> music player has a very different audience than a music composition app.
> The former has more in common with the gamer, in fact, in terms of
> "entertainment", while the latter is probably closer to, say, an electronic
> design suite, actually "creating" something rather than using it.  Of
> course, intuitively, they are pretty far apart.
>
> Perhaps
> - "Artistic" - Creating/composing art
> - "Entertainment" - Movie and music players, games
> - "Techical" - Science, math and technical hobbies (because tech hobbies are
> often hard to distinguish from professional use of the same tools)
> - "Hobby" - The myriad of other hobbies, collecting loads of different kinds
> of "stuff", crafts, geneaology and all those dogs and cats that tend to have
> maybe one app each

Not a bad evolution.  I wonder if it is worth absorbing separate power
user content in to those groups?

> I have to admit, doesn't sound nearly as good a "What is to celebrate"

We'll find some good wording for it. :)

Karsten Wade, Community Gardener
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41