Publican Documentation Naming

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 01:14:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 05:42:44PM -0500, Ian Weller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 04:54:04PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > As far as I know, you can't tell our build systems to only
> > release one subpackage, and hold back all the others.  So if you want
> > to issue an update, you would be forced to issue all languages at
> > once, and you push an update on everyone, even people whose content is
> > not changing at all.
> >
> However if the packages do not require each other (makes sense) and they
> are subpackages, one can only choose certain subpackages to submit as an
> update to Bodhi, IIRC.

Ah, this is something I got wrong.  The build process would still be
tremendously long-winded for a small nugget of actual package we care
about, but I suppose that is, in fact, why we use computers to do it
and not pencil and paper (or monkeys with typewriters). ;-)

There are no such package Requires: AFAIK.  Worth factoring into the
equation, thanks Ian.