Proposal for Implementing a Docbook Editor

satya komaragiri satya.komaragiri at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:18:29 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> DocBook does not lend itself to WYSIWYG paradigm very naturally. Would
> it be possible for you to take time for a small mock-up ?

I have uploaded a small mock-up on http://92.243.3.101/editor/test.php
(It would be best if you could open that link in Firefox) .

1. I have modified beacon to show DocBook as an option for document type.
2. I have added support to edit DocBook sections, paragraphs and list.
As can be seen in the demo, when we click on any portion of that
document, an inline editor for that portion opens up (paragraphs
cannot handle <enter key> as yet).
3. For styling tags, I have implemented a Boldface formatter. Once you
click on any paragraph or list to edit it, any portion of that text
can be selected and made bold (clicking twice does not unbold it as
yet).
4. The sidebar is meant to show the document tree.

The functionality is very limited as yet, but it will serve to provide
an idea of what to expect.

Regards,
Satya