Reset root password

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Apr 18 02:04:06 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>
>> Well, I can not edit it directly, but here is the text for an
>> un-encrypted file system. I hope to have time to create a virtual
>> machine with an encrypted file system sometime this week.
>
> Added to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reset_Forgotten_Root_Password
>
> If you find the steps to recover from a encrypted hard disk, let me
> know. IIRC, the rescue mode handles it very well. Thanks
>
> Rahul

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you. The only difference
with an encrypted partition is that it asks you for the pass phrase
after it asks you if you want to mount the file systems. If you have
more then one encrypted partition, you have the option of checking
the box indicating that it is the global pass phrase, or entering a
pass phrase for each encrypted partition.

Mikkel
PS - I like the updated directions.