License Change... Publican

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 02:41:27 UTC 2009

On 08/05/2009 12:28 PM, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 08:17 +1000, Joshua Wulf wrote:

>>> Looks good to me.
>>>
>>> --Eric
>>>

>> What about details of attribution? Do we want to specify how people
>> have to credit us? With a link? Do we want to give them a boiler plate
>> include?
>>
>> --
>> Joshua J Wulf
>> Engineering Content Services
>> Red Hat Asia Pacific
>>
>> eml: jwulf at redhat.com
>> tel: +61 (0)7 3514 8140
>> mob: +61 (0)431 929 675
>> tmz: GMT +10
>>
>> (0) - omit when dialling internationally
>> --
>>

> We haven't provided this before, have we?
>
> --Eric

To my knowledge the answer to this is "no".

I'm not sure how much bearing a precedent has on this. We haven't
provided the material under a CC 3.0 BY-SA license before.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FFAQ#How_do_I_properly_attribute_a_Creative_Commons_licensed_work.3F

Why are we specifying attribution in the license?