Self-Introduction:

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:24:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Joseph Allen
<bloggersciencewithjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will now introduce myself, starting with what I have worked on in the
> past.
>
> A while ago I worked on what I called The Linux Terminal Guide, an online
> blog with some helpful How-To articles. One day I hoped to compile a bunch
> of Man pages, but I realized that would not reach out to very many people. I
> hope to help more people by writing How To articles for Fedora Docs. I do
> not know what my skills would best be classified as but I do know how to use
> the command line VERY well, i.e. I never really use the graphical package
> manager. I guess you could say I know-my-way around Fedora as I have
> "hacked" it, an example being that I as I write I am using Wmii with
> Gnome-Panel. I do know how to use Web Servers and Administer web-sites. On
> the side I like chatting with my friends and helping my mom with her
> Fedora-enabled computer.
>
> So what makes me an excellent match for the project? I feel that Fedora is
> rather lacking some docs, and I want to help! I have rather good writing
> skills and I know how to do a fair amount in Fedora. I look forward to
> working on some Docs!
>
>  As requested here is the output of gpg --fingerprint <yourKEYIDhere>:
> [joseph at localhost ~]$ gpg --fingerprint 60A37A5D
> pub   1024D/60A37A5D 2009-12-19
>       Key fingerprint = 43EF DBB9 8299 73F6 1689  7206 091A D1B9 60A3 7A5D
> uid                  Joseph Allen <bloggersciencewithjoe at gmail.com>
> sub   2048g/4D7523E1 2009-12-19
>
> --
> JOSEPH ALLEN, C/A, CAP
> G.V. 'Sonny' Montgomery Composite Squadron
> SER-MS-102
> Mississippi Wing Civil Air Patrol
>
> --

Hi Joseph,

glad to see someone more willing to work on CLI stuff. Me and my
students have been working on CLI guide for past few weeks, and I will
be able to release it by the end of the week (as I have to write some
parts yet). If you want to work on it further and add knowledge of
your experience to it, that would be awesome.

As for the scope, it's somewhat similar to Mandriva CLI Reference [1],
but it's expanded in areas where I saw it lacking. I hope that you can
help extend it even further.

Regards,

--
Vedran Miletić